I have this list of quotes hanging above my desk to help me stay focused on what is truly important. Print and hang in your workspace for a reality check.
The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, he said:
“Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
Here’s To The Crazy Ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify, or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world – are the ones who DO ! (Apple, Inc)
- Your job as a leader is simple: Inspire Trust – Clarify Purpose – Align Systems – Unleash Talent. (Stephen Covey)
- You are not the mistakes you have made.
- To be who you want to be, you must first let go of who you are.
- Life is too short. Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness. Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you cannot change.
- I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)